G6 for 6th Graders
G6 aims to make the transition into Youth Ministries one that is inviting, comfortable and fun for the newest members of our Youth family! G6 offers support and encouragement to both 6th graders and their parents through a variety of age-appropriate Worship, Prepare and Serve activities and settings.
On Sunday mornings, G6 meets in Room 001 at 10:05 am. Leaders use the Connect resource (by Sparkhouse) to explore primary characters and stories from Genesis through Joshua, using quirky videos and hands-on activities, such as games and creative projects.
On Sunday nights, our G6 ministry team is devoted to creating an atmosphere of acceptance and belonging through team-building activities and opportunities to build and strengthen friendships with peers and adult leaders. G6 Youth Group meets 6-7:30 pm. Parents should drop off and pick up youth at the Student Center entry.
G6 JUMPSTART for 6th Graders AND Parents
Sunday, August 13, 6:00-7:30pm
- Enjoy pizza together in Fellowship Hall. ($5 donation per person, please.) Then after dinner . . .
- 6th graders check out the Youth Center and their Sunday morning room. Highlights include:
- ice cream sundaes
- activities and games with G6 leaders
- devo and dream time (What are your dreams and visions for ministry this year?)
- Parents get time with Rev. Karen Kluever, Minister of Youth Discipleship, to learn about G6 and the unique needs of 6th graders.
Childcare available. Register below or contact Linda Hess, 502-897-6421
REGISTER RSVP and order Youth Study Bible.