Start Your New Year by Blessing Children and help change lives through literacy.
Let’s start 2021 by putting our prayers into action and continuing our mission of becoming living proof of God’s love, one person at a time in a special way.
- Because CCUM has a vision to bless children in our community!
- Because many children have lost ground in their reading ability due to educational disruptions caused by COVID-19.
- Because children who read well are the most likely to succeed as adults.
- Academic, emotional and social issues abound for children who are poor readers.
- Children who are behind their peers in reading struggle with low self-esteem and feelings of inadequacy.
- Low achievement in reading is also the common denominator in school discipline, attendance, dropout problems, and juvenile crime.
- Academically, children who are not reading on grade level by the end of third grade struggle in every class, year after year, because over 85 percent of the curriculum is taught by reading.
- Third graders who cannot read on grade level today are on track to be our nation’s lowest income earners and least skilled citizens.
- Because sadly, some states use their elementary students’ reading failure rates to predict future prison sizes.
- We have partnered with JCPS Schools to buy book bundles for 1200 children who would benefit from having more books.
- You can buy book bundles for as many children as you desire.
- buy book bundle to donate
- You can also help by spreading the word and inviting your business, friends and neighbors to help accomplish this goal!
Let’s get books into the hands of children who need to improve their reading skills. Let’s give them the great gift of literacy! Let’s bless children!