Advent 2021 – “Joy Journal” – Submission Guidelines
Christ Church invites your submissions for our 2021 Advent Joy Journal. We’re looking for personal stories, devotional messages, uplifting thoughts, original artwork, poetry, or creative stories to help us all find—and share—joy in the Advent season as we anticipate the birth of our Lord.
Our printed journal will include expressions from all of our church family—adults, children, youth—both those who experience Christ Church in person and those who have made a virtual connection to us.
- Text and story submissions should be 300 words or less; Microsoft Word format is best but anything will work for us. Be creative! If you don’t have access to a word processor, we can work with anything handwritten or typed.
- Original art can be any size or format, but will be formatted to fit page size (4-1/2” wide by 7-1/2” high, allowing for margins). For digital art, high-definition formats work best: .jpg, .bmp, .tif, and .pdf are fine. We can also scan artwork. Full-color is great!
- If you have thoughts on a discussion question or meaningful Scripture to go with your submission, we’d love to have that, too.
And, tell us a bit about yourself...
- Member of Christ Church? Your connection to Christ Church (especially if part of our online community)?
- Do you participate in any small groups, classes, ministries, committees or service teams? Age (for our younger creatives…optional, of course)?
- Also, might we have an email address for you (only to contact you, not for publication)?
Original work only, please—no copied or reprinted material which may be subject to copyright restrictions. We reserve the right to edit submissions, but will endeavor to retain the style and spirit.
For email submissions, please send as an attachment to
; printed items can be sent to: c/o Joy Journal, 4614 Brownsboro Rd, Louisville KY 40207. We’ll need your submissions by Friday, October 15, 2021.
Thank you for helping us find more JOY as we await the coming of the Messiah!