Noun 1. a journey, especially a long one, made to some sacred places as an act of religious devotion...
Confirmation is a faith adventure - a pilgrimage - for 8th graders featuring retreats, team-building activities, meaningful worship experiences, hands-on learning, engaging leaders, small group talks, and loving adult mentors. It's an exciting year of exploring, learning, and discerning what it means to be a Christian and a United Methodist. Youth participating in our Confirmation Ministry learn and practice ways to keep growing in faith and how to live out promises of prayers, presence, gifts, service, and witness. They are also made aware of the joys and costs of being a disciple of Jesus Christ and invited to the high risk, joy-filled life of following him.
Key Dates for Pilgrimage 2018
- Register Online by July 12 Register
- August 20, 6-7:30 pm, Fellowship Hall- Confirmation Orientation
- September 8-10, Silver Heights Camp- Kick-Off Retreat
- September 17, 6-7:30 pm- Sunday Night Classes Begin
- September 20- Balance due for participation fee
- October 1, 12:30-2pm - Confirmand-Mentor Mixer
- April 13-15, Lake Junaluska- Readiness Retreat
- April 29- Confirmation Sunday and Celebration Dinner
Confirmation Orientation Packet
Click HERE to download the Confirmation Orientation Packet for parents and 8th graders.
Click HERE to download the Parent Checklist
Each student will need a Youth Information Form filled out for the 2017/2018 year. Click HERE to download the form.