Christ Church School- Assistant Teachers and Substitute Teachers
Position Title: Assistant Teacher, Christ Church School
Summary of the position and its contribution to ministry: The Assistant Teacher is responsible for assisting the Lead Teacher in managing the classroom environment at Christ Church School, which teaches and inspires over 200 children ages six weeks through Kindergarten. He or she will promote a loving, nurturing and inclusive Christian community through daily interactions with staff and families while teaching lessons that meet the children’s academic, emotional, social and spiritual needs.
The core responsibilities of the position and the areas in which success will primarily be evaluated are:
- Assist with developmentally appropriate lessons in daily classes.
- Create a comfortable and secure environment by setting clear limits, establishing routines and structure as well as addressing any behavior issues that arise.
- Collaborate with the Lead Teacher to define assistant’s roles and expectations in the classroom.
- Assume the duties of the Lead Teacher in the absence of the Lead.
- Model and encourage positive social skills.
- Participate in staff trainings and development to create a staff community.
- Complete the state required professional development hours and Growth Plan.
- Maintain professional conduct, appearance and attitude.
The following attributes and qualifications are necessary for this role:
-Ability to work independently and as part of a team
-Demonstrates an understanding of child development in the teaching process
-Knowledge of a variety of effective teaching practices
-Ability to recognize individual student differences and make needed accommodations
-Effective time management and organizational skills
-Excellent communication skills to relate to coworkers and parents.
Primary Supervisor: Head of School, Christ Church School
Position Details: Full time position with benefits or part time position. School operating hours are 7:30 am – 5:30 pm
Education, Experience and Training:
- Holds a degree in education/closely related field or
- Minimum of five years experience in early childhood or
- Such alternatives as the Head of School deems appropriate