— showing God's love in practical ways
We are on a mission of becoming living proof of God's love, one person at a time. When we surrender our lives to that mission, we see each moment as an opportunity to bridge the gaps caused by unmet needs and brokenness all around us. We believe each of us has a gifts to offer as a demonstration of God's love to the world.
The Healing Place Amazon Wish List
Towels, socks, and blankets for the women of The Healing Place as they work through recovery. You can purchase items on this wish list or buy these items at your preferred retailer and ship them to:
The Healing Place
1503 So. 15th St.
Louisville, KY 40210
Item of your choice for Maryhurst Residents
Staff and students have had to adjust to accommodate health precautions such as the campus closing to visitors, outing cancellations and school closures. They’ve had to change their therapeutic routines. And they need our help! Prolonged hours have made access to activities, snacks, and other resources especially important. Household supplies are also necessary to meet the additional demands of being center-bound. Consider providing:
- Meal relief for staff: Gift cards to restaurants open for takeout or delivery.
- Gift cards can be mailed to
1015 Dorsey Lane
Louisville KY 40223
- Gift cards can be mailed to
- Activities for resident students (teen girls): water color paints, jump ropes, puzzle books, non-paper based games (ex, electronic Simon), etc.
- Household essentials: laundry detergent, cleaning supplies, paper products (toilet paper, paper towels, etc.); the families Maryhurst works with in the community—especially those who are homebound—need additional help while shortages persist.
- Activities and household essentials can be dropped off or shipped to 1015 Dorsey Lane, Louisville KY 40223
Walmart Gift Card for Kentucky United Methodist Children’s Homes
Create Handmade Masks: Through HourofNeed.org, we are making handmade masks for first responders, residential homes (such as nursing homes and The Healing Place), and others. Hour of Need volunteers can deliver materials and pick up masks through a contact-free process. Christ Church member Dr. Kathryn Cashner and Director of Outreach Shelah Woodruff created this video to provide more information about this pressing need.
Make Cards for Refugee Families
Welcome a refugee from home!
Make cards for refugee families. Let them know that you're glad they're here! If you can, mail them to KRM's office:
Kentucky Refugee Ministries
Attention: Welcome Cards
969-B Cherokee Rd
Louisville, KY 40204
Write an encouraging note for a child, senior, or staff person who supports them. Notes can be written for:
- Kentucky United Methodist Children’s Homes staff and resident youth: . Notes can be sent to
1115 Ashgrove Rd
Nicholasville, KY 40356
- Wesley Manor residents: Cards can be sent to
Attn: Sandy Rheaume, Activity Director
Louisville, KY 40219
- Norton Healthcare: There are a number of ways you can support Norton Healthcare.
Pray for our local, regional and international ministry partners. In this COVID-19 season, while so many organizations struggle to meet payroll, they show great ingenuity and creativity in finding ways to serve and share God’s love with their communities. Pray that they remain healthy in the face of this pandemic, that the economic struggles do not exacerbate systemic inequalities, and that all will be able to continue to adapt and act with grace and compassion with the support and encouragement of partner organizations and congregations like Christ Church. If you’d like to send an encouraging note to their staff, it would also be appreciated!
View our partner organizations by clicking on the link below: