Do you have a knack for planning & enjoy weddings? Join the wedding ministry and work with wedding couples to help plan and execute their special wedding ceremonies. There are two roles in this ministry: Volunteer Wedding Ceremony Coordinators and Assistants. Christ Church has an average of 8-10 weddings a year (most volunteers help with 2 weddings a year).
Wedding Ceremony Coordinators
- Meet with the wedding couple and Pastor 1-2 times prior to the wedding to review Christ Church wedding policies and answer any questions they may have pertaining to their wedding ceremony.
- Along with the Pastor, coordinate the wedding rehearsal: Ensure that the wedding party knows when/where to process in for the ceremony. (1-hour, day before wedding)
- Arrive at Christ Church 2-hours prior to the start of the ceremony to ensure that all ceremony items are in place - offer additional help when possible.
- Coordinate the wedding processional: Gather wedding party (grandparents, parents, attendants, bride and groom) and make sure all are in position prior to the start of the ceremony. Queue the wedding processional.
Wedding Ceremony Assistants
- Assist the wedding coordinator with the wedding rehearsal (1 hour) and ceremony (2-3 hours), as described above.
- Optional: Attend meetings prior to the wedding with the coordinator and wedding couple.
- In this role, get experience to possibly become a Wedding Coordinator at CCUM.
Join this exciting ministry - no experience needed! Contact Julie Minnic at or 502-802-8216 to get involved.
Please note: weddings occur late afternoons/evenings on weekends.